This Release Note describes changes included in SCADAPack 350 and SCADASense 4203 firmware version 1.24, released on October 22, 2007.
|TSN00901 is also available from the SCADAPack 300-Series release notes page.|
- Firmware Loader version 2.40 contains this version of the firmware.
- RealFLO version 6.40 (Application and Flow Computer) is the currently released version of RealFLO.
- TelePACE Ladder Logic version 3.22 is the currently released version of TelePACE.
- ISaGRAF Workbench Extensions version 2.32 is the currently released version of ISaGRAF.
The following issue identified in the previous firmware version has been resolved in the current release:
- A mimic controller would respond on behalf of an Outstation even if the Outstation was not in the mimic controller Routing Table. This has been corrected so that a mimic controller will not respond on behalf of an outstation if the outstation was not present in the mimic controllers routing table.
- All unsolicited data was not reported when small message size was used. The issue was the firmware was not correctly writing the fragment flags and the pseudo request for subsequent fragments. This has been corrected to ensure all data in multiple fragments is reported.
- The controller would stop responding to DNP class polls when the buffers were full. This issue was with memory management in the controller. This issue is corrected in the controller firmware.
- The controller would stop DNP communication when the event buffers were full resulting in the need to cycle power to the controller in order to reestablish communication. This issue was similar in scope to the above issue and has been corrected in the controller firmware.
- An issue was identified with where Data Link confirmation could be applied for DNP/TCP and DNP/UDP protocols. As Data Link layer confirmation is never used with these protocols the controller would incorrectly wait for a Data Link confirmation response message, effectively hanging up the communications. This issue is corrected in the controller firmware.
- A factory test found that in some conditions where DNP communication uses RS485 multidrop network the controller would reset. It was found that a software loop that controls clearing the UART buffer may have been taking too long to complete. This issue is corrected in the controller firmware.
- An issue was identified where a DNP master station was not handling and responding to unsolicited messages from the slaves. This issue would only appear when the Data Link needed resetting. Instead of confirming the original Unsolicited message the master would initiate another Unsolicited message to the slave. This issue is corrected in the controller firmware.
- Controller serial port settings were not being retained if a DNP port was configured and there were no entries in the Master Poll table of the DNP configuration. This issue is corrected in the controller firmware.
- A class 0 poll to a controller in mimic mode did not return all the static data from the controller being mimicked. This issue has to do with multi-fragment class 0 poll responses in mimic mode. This issue is corrected in the controller firmware.
- An issue was corrected that could potentially result in DNP digital output controls such as CROB would not be processed in an outstation if the control was sent via a mimic controller. This potential problem would occur if the mimic controller did not have a record of the outstation to be addressed when the control was processed.
- DNP floating-point change events are now reported as 32-bit integers when "Report only Level 2 Compliant Objects in Class Polls' is selected.
- DNP routing is no longer required for Mimic mode to work on a controller. An issue was identified where routing could result in a message being retransmitted endlessly in a multidrop serial network. Instead of checking only for the serial port to have routing enabled when Mimic mode is used a parallel check is added that checks that the destination port is different from the incoming port. If either check is true then the message is retransmitted.
- An issue where a SCADAPack would quit responding when being polled by two DNP master stations has been corrected.
- An issue is corrected where the DNP 'Need Time' flag was not being set correctly in a controller. The code for the sync timer was modified to ensure it is scanned every 100ms.
- An issue is corrected where the controller would stop communicating if the IP protocol was changed from DNP in TCP to DNP in UDP. A power cycle of the controller would restart communication using the new protocol. Protocol changes now take effect without the need for the controller to be reset.
- The DNP Maximum Fragment Length setting was not being respected in some messages. This issue is corrected in the controller firmware.
- The SCADASense 4203 could lose its options settings when going on-line with TelePACE. This issue is corrected in the controller firmware.