The expected availability for ISaGRAF Extensions version 1.60 is October 15, 2004.
- The gfc4202e I/O module is added for support of the 4202GFC digital output.
- Support is added for controller type SCADAPack 100: 1024K. SCADAPack 100 controllers now have 1024K RAM memory. This new controller type supports a single gas flow meter run and DF1 protocol.
- Documentation added for a new C function, processModbusCommand, is added to provide Modbus message hooks. This new function processes a Modbus protocol command and returns the response. The function can be used by an application to encapsulate Modbus RTU commands in another protocol.
- The C Program Loader is corrected to work with all valid message lengths. Previously a message length of 229 bytes would fail.
- Removed descriptions for the get32BitDbase() and set32BitDbase() functions as they are no longer supported.
- The default setting for Enable Unsolicited Responses on Startup is set to Yes and the default setting for Report only Level 2 Objects in Class Polls is set to No.
- DNP configuration dialog is corrected to set the focus on an invalid entry when the error message dialog is closed.
- The Limit Maximum Events field is disabled in the Master Poll table when a DNP configuration is read from a controller that does not support this feature.
- The Debounce value for a binary input is set to 0 when a DNP configuration is read from a controller that does not support this feature.
- Accelerator keys for the Data Link Layer property page have been corrected. The Add and the Address field used the same accelerator keys.
- Master DNP addresses are correctly sorted in the Data Link Layer property page after editing.
- DNP station addresses are restricted to the range of 0 to 65519 inclusive.
To take advantage of the changes listed above you should upgrade the firmware in your controller. The Firmware Upgrade Procedure section of this document will lead you through the steps to upgrade the firmware.
To take advantage of the changes listed above you should upgrade the firmware in your controller. The following procedure will lead you through the steps to upgrade the firmware.
Note: All application programs and data associated with the application programs are lost when the firmware is upgraded.
If you are planning to upgrade the firmware in your controller to take advantage of the features and changes described above, it is recommended that the following steps be used. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this procedure contact Control Microsystems Technical Support using the information in the footer of this document.
Send an email to INFOCenter@controlmicrosystems.com. You will be contacted with the information you need to obtain this release.
Installing new firmware in a controller completely removes any application programs that may be running in the controller.
If you do not have a copy of the application program running in the target controller you will need to read the application from the controller before installing new firmware.
Note: C and C++ programs cannot be read from a controller. You must have a copy of the program before installing new firmware.
- In order for ISaGRAF programs to be uploaded from the controller the program must have been compiled with the Embed source code for upload option enabled.
- From the File menu in the Project Management window select the Upload Project command.
- Click the Setup button and configure the serial or Ethernet connection with the target controller.
- Click the Run button to upload the program.
- Open the Firmware Loader and establish a serial or Ethernet connection with the target controller.
- Click the Update Firmware button and select C:\Program Files \ Firmware Loader \ Firmware in the Look in: entry box.
- Select the firmware file, appropriate for the controller you are using, and with the version listed above and then click the OK button.
- Read the Confirm Update dialog to ensure you are loading the desired firmware and then click the Yes button to complete the firmware installation.
Once the new firmware has been installed in the target controller you will need to reload the application program.
- Open the ISaGRAF project saved in step 2 or the ISaGRAF project for the target controller that is saved on your PC.
- Use the Link Setup command in the Debug menu to establish a serial or Ethernet connection with the target controller.
- From the Make menu select Make Application to re-compile the program.
- From the Debug menu select Debug to open the Debugger window. In this window select Download from the File menu to download the application to the target controller.
- For ISaGRAF applications open an ISaGRAF project and use the Link Setup command in the Debug menu to establish a serial or Ethernet connection with the target controller.
- From the Tools menu select Controller and then select C/C++ Program Loader.
- In the File window of the C\C++ Program Loader dialog browse to the location of your C/C++ application.
- Click the Write button to write the application to the target controller.
- Once the application has been written to the controller click the Run button to start the application running in the controller.