This Release Note describes a new feature added to the 4000 Series firmware version 1.40. New firmware files for the 4000 Series MMT and MPT transmitters are included with Firmware Loader version 2.21 build 484. The expected availability of Firmware Loader version 2.21 build 484 is May 25, 2006.
Firmware Loader version 2.22 build 484 contains firmware version 1.40 for 4000 Series transmitters.
The following feature has been added to the 4000 Series firmware 1.40:
- Ability to configure the analog output of a 4000 series transmitter to track an input variable.
Some versions of the 4000 Series transmitters have a single 0-20mA current analog output. The analog output can configured as a PID controller or may be used as a general purpose analog output.
A new feature has been added to the 4000 Series firmware version 1.40 that allows a user to configure the analog output of a 4000 Series transmitter (if equipped) to simply track one of the measured input variables. When configured to track an input variable, the value of the analog output is set proportionally to the value of the input variable.
If you are planning to upgrade the firmware in your 4000 Series transmitter to take advantage of the features and changes described above, it is recommended that the following steps be used. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this procedure contact Control Microsystems Technical Support using the information in the footer of this document.
Send an email to INFOCenter@controlmicrosystems.com. You will be contacted with the information you need to obtain this release.
- Open the Firmware Loader and establish a serial or Ethernet connection with the target controller.
- Click the Update Firmware button and select C:\Program Files \ Firmware Loader \ Firmware in the Look in: entry box.
- Select the firmware file, appropriate for the controller you are using, and with the version listed above and then click the OK button.
- Read the Confirm Update dialog to ensure you are loading the desired firmware and then click the Yes button to complete the firmware installation.