This Release Note describes the new features and changes for 4000 Series firmware version 1.21. The firmware files for the 4000 Series MMT and MPT transmitters are included with the Firmware Loader version 1.42. The expected availability of Firmware Loader version 1.42 is October 15, 2004.
Firmware Loader version 1.42 contains firmware version 1.21 for 4000 Series transmitters.
- The resetting of the transmitter to default communication settings when the optional display is used to changed parameters is corrected. The communication parameters are unaffected when parameters are changed using the optional display.
- The transmitter serial communication error checking is improved. All messages are fully processed, in order, to ensure error free communication.
- Diagnostics is improved to ensure all bad reading flags read from the sensor are recorded in the transmitter diagnostic bits. Diagnostic bits are accessible from the 4000 Series Configurator, RealFLO and Modbus registers.
- Noise immunity for RS-485 communication is improved to ensure communication is attempted in all noisy environments.
If you are planning to upgrade the firmware in your 4000 Series transmitter to take advantage of the features and changes described above, it is recommended that the following steps be used. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this procedure contact Control Microsystems Technical Support using the information in the footer of this document.
Send an email to INFOCenter@controlmicrosystems.com. You will be contacted with the information you need to obtain this release.
- Open the Firmware Loader and establish a serial or Ethernet connection with the target controller.
- Click the Update Firmware button and select C:\Program Files \ Firmware Loader \ Firmware in the Look in: entry box.
- Select the firmware file, appropriate for the controller you are using, and with the version listed above and then click the OK button.
- Read the Confirm Update dialog to ensure you are loading the desired firmware and then click the Yes button to complete the firmware installation.