To upgrade licenses from older versions of ClearSCADA, please complete the ClearSCADA Update Request Form or contact Schneider Electric, Telemetry & Remote SCADA Solutions at TRSSClearSCADA-Group@schneider-electric.com
|License updates are free of charge with a valid service and support agreement with Scheider Electric, Telemetry & Remote SCADA Solutions.|
Other options may be added to the ClearSCADA license, such as the number of Points or WebX clients, OPC and EFM flow runs. Options are added using one of the following methods.
With the release of ClearSCADA 2010 R3, a new version of the dongle field exchange utility has replaced the dongle field exchange utility used by previous releases of ClearSCADA.
Locking codes generated by dongle field exchange utilities installed with these release editions are no longer accepted by new licensing standards:
- 2010 R2.1, R2
- 2010 R1.1, R1
- 2009 R2.4 and all previous release editions
Customers running these release editions will need to download a copy of our new dongle field exchange utility from "Attachments" in the Tools drop down box above.
To install the new field exchange utility, the entire contents of the FieldExchangeUtility.zip folder should be copied into one of the below specified folders based on the version of ClearSCADA and Windows you are running.
|Versions before CS 2010 R2||C:\Program Files\Control Microsystems\ClearSCADA|
|CS 2010 R2 and later||C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric\ClearSCADA|
|Versions before CS 2010 R2||C:\Program Files (x86)\Control Microsystems\ClearSCADA|
|CS 2010 R2 and later||C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\ClearSCADA|
Allow the new files to over write the existing ones. The new exchange utility will now be available from the Windows start-up menu under the Schneider Electric ClearSCADA folder (same location as the previous dongle field exchange utility).
Now proceed to Using Dongle Field Exchange Utility
ClearSCADA hardware licenses can be changed remotely using the Dongle Field Exchange Utility. This removes the need for a new hardware dongle to be issued.
To change a license:
- Run the Dongle Field Exchange Utility by selecting it from the Control Microsystems (or Schneider Electric) ClearSCADA menu (accessed from the All Programs menu on the Windows Start button).
- Ensure that the ClearSCADA hardware dongle is connected to the computer.
- Select the Get Locking Code button.
- Provide the locking code and the Dongle serial number (see next point on how to find serial number) to TRSS via the ClearSCADA Update Request Form along with details of your license change request.
- The serial number is located on the back of the DVD case that contained your ClearSCADA installation CD. There will also be an additional sticker on the USB dongle with the serial number. A sample serial number is "D100999".
- Schneider Electric Telemetry & Remote SCADA Solutions will send an update code. Enter this code in the Update License field.
- Select the Update License button.
- Close the Dongle Field Exchange Utility.
To change the options of a ClearSCADA software license:
- Obtain the machine ID from the ClearSCADA Connections dialog as described below. The machine ID is generated by ClearSCADA and is unique to each computer. A sample machine ID is "99330439-EF0AC3E2-1B46A0D1-47E30E19".
- From the Start Menu, select Programs > Schneider Electric > StruxureWare SCADA Expert > ClearSCADA > Configure Connections.
- Select the Licenses button.
- Locate the machine ID field on this dialog and select ALL the numbers in the field.
- Copy the machine ID to the clipboard by pressing CTRL-C.
- Paste the machine ID into an email by pressing CTRL-V.
- Provide the Machine ID and serial number (see next point on how to find serial number) to TRSS via the ClearSCADA Update Request Form along with details of your license change request.
- The serial number is located on the back of the DVD case that contained your ClearSCADA installation CD. The serial number can also be found in the license file in the License Details window which is displayed by right-clicking on the ClearSCADA Server Icon in the Windows system tray. The license file will be at the end of the license field and will have a file extension of .lic. A sample serial number is "D100999".
- Schneider Electric Telemetry & Remote SCADA Solutions will send you the required license file with installation instructions.
To determine the version of your ClearSCADA server software license:
- From the Windows System Tray on the ClearSCADA Server machine, right click on the ClearSCADA Server Icon and select 'License Details'.
- If prompted, enter your ClearSCADA Administrator Username and Password details.
- The License Details dialog will be displayed, as shown below.
- Locate the section of the dialog that displays the Support Version (for example: "up to 6.75") identifying the versions of ClearSCADA compatible with your current license.
- Reference this version against your ClearSCADA software version to determine whether you require an update of your license prior to upgrading.